Roof Replacement Salt Lake City And Draper Utah
Even the best of roofs have an expiration date. If your roof is old or damaged, it may be time to bite the bullet and replace it with a new one.
Putting off a roof replacement may help you save money in the short-term, but repairs made to a roof that is aging may not be the most cost-effective choice. Smart homeowners know that they need to consider the long-term costs when they are making home improvements, especially in areas that are crucial to the overall integrity of the house, like your roof.
But how do you know when to repair your roof and when it is time to invest in a professional roofer to replace it?
Consider the Costs of Repairing Your Roof
Sometimes damage that you think is major, like a hole in your ceiling, is actually something that can be easily fixed. If you call a professional roofer like those at Patriot Roofing & Construction, they may be able to diagnose the source of the problem and help you get it corrected quickly.
Quite often, water in a ceiling is due to a missing shingle or leaky flashing. If that’s the case, a repair is definitely going to be cheaper if you catch it early enough. However, if your roof is showing signs of wear and you are looking at a few years of constant replacing and fixing materials, it may be more cost-effective to replace the roof completely.
Consistent exposure to the elements causes wear and tear to your roof, and when the damage is not addressed, it can extend to the rest of your home. This can show up as rotting framework, mold and mildew in your insulation and air vents, and depressed ceilings with puddles of water waiting to collapse into your interior rooms.
All of these are serious effects of not maintaining your roof or replacing it when it is time for a new one. Attempting to do quick-fix repairs and patching of problem areas can add up over time and end up being more expensive than replacing the roof.
Cost Benefits of Replacing Your Roof
When you are weighing the pros and cons of repairing versus replacing, be sure to think about the long-term costs versus benefits. Replacing a roof has financial savings that should be factored into your decision, too.
Consider the following additional benefits that will affect your finances if you replace your roof:
- A new roof adds thousands to your property value. When you replace your roof with a new one, it can add to your home’s property value and make it much easier to sell. Buyers appreciate a new roof because it generally means stability of the house and a warranty if any repairs do have to be made down the line.
- Investing in a new roof can net you a big return on investment (ROI). While most home improvement projects can get you a small dividend in increased value of your property, a new roof is considered to be one of the best improvements that you can make. The average ROI of a new roof in Salt Lake City, Utah is around 70%, meaning that should you ever go to sell your home, you can recoup much of the expense.
- The energy efficiency of a new roof can save you thousands of dollars over time. Old and damaged roofs usually have cracks and leaks in them that let out cool air, causing your HVAC system to work harder and raising your electric bill every month. When you replace the damaged roof with a new one, that problem is fixed and you will likely notice a drop in your bill, to the tune of thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your roof.
- The safety and health benefits of a new roof are nothing to sneeze at. Your family’s safety is a top priority, and an old roof can be dangerous and unhealthy. When a leaky roof is left to fester and grow, it can cause damage to the structure of your home, which can result in collapsed ceilings or rotting framework. It can also lead to moisture under the roof, creating a perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow. This gets in your air vents and spreads throughout your house, causing severe health issues for those who breathe it in.
- Out with the old, in with the new. Old roofs have done their job over time, but new technology has made a simple roof so much more beneficial. New roofs can last longer, are made of better materials, and give you more options as far as style and appearance.
When you are ready to stop throwing money out the window by fixing your roof instead of replacing it, us here at Patriot Roofing & Construction today to find out how you can benefit from a new roof.