Roof Repair In Salt Lake City And Draper Utah
Keeping up with your roof is an important aspect of home repair. It is your home’s layer of protection from the outside, it keeps you and your family safe, warm, and dry, and protects your belongings from damages caused by weather conditions.
Regular wear and tear is a common occurrence that happen to every roof. Simply by being exposed to wind, rain, and extreme temperatures, your roof can suffer damages.
But when a roof gets damaged, it can let water into the wood and materials below it. These problems need to be addressed quickly before they turn into major issues, and possibly even the need for a completely new roof.
Repairs to damages on your roof that are caught early can be as low as $50 plus labor, depending on how minor the problem is. However, the average price of a new roof can range from anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000.
Keeping that in mind, it seems to be that the smart move would be to call a professional roofer at the first sign of damages so that they can repair your roof inexpensively.
Commonly Repaired Roof Damages
Sources of damage to your roof can depend on your location and the weather you get there. For instance, the climate of Salt Lake City, Utah is different than that of Orlando, Florida. However, for the most part many roof leaks are created from the same problems and are easy for a professional to notice and fix.
Many types of roof damage come from things like:
- Missing or damaged shingles. High winds can cause shingles to lift up, no matter what they are made of or how well installed they are. Obviously, the heavier the material the more durable the shingles, but any time one of your shingles is bent or blown away, the underlayment is exposed. This exposure allows moisture into your home.
- Poorly designed roof sloping. A roof that has a low slope or is completely flat is subject to extreme wind damage. It also has no way to provide for the runoff water or snow to be removed quickly. The water or snow will pile up and the weight will eventually become too much for your roof, damaging the structural integrity or destroying your roof altogether.
- Pipe flashing issues. Your vent pipes that are under your roof materials should be well-sealed, but sometimes they can be corroded. When this happens, water can seep through and get into the interior of your roof.
- Other flashing issues. Some homes have chimneys or skylights that have step flashing. These types of flashing can also be damaged, allowing leaks into the home.
- Damage to valleys. The gutters that allow runoff of your roof along the interior angles are called valleys. These are important to keep the moisture away from your flashing and avoid water buildup. When the valleys are damaged, they can’t do their job, and further damage to the rest of your roof will begin occurring.
These are all common forms of roof damage that can be easily fixed by a professional roofer. If you notice any of these problems, be sure to call the experts at Patriot Roofing & Construction today so they can help you fix your damages before they become much more severe.
Costs of Roof Repairs
The price of your roof repairs is going to depend on two main things: the materials that are needed and the level of severity of the damage.
On average, asphalt shingles are the cheapest to repair, with slate roofs being one of the more expensive materials. Composite roofing, tile roofs, and other types of roof materials will adjust the price as well.
Asphalt shingles often can be lifted up or blown away in high winds. They have a nailing strip through the strongest section of the shingle, where the nails should be driven into. When any of these nails come loose or are not placed in the nailing strip, the shingle is weakened. Replacing the shingle before it does further damage can be relatively inexpensive.
Fixing flat or single-ply roofs is often difficult if the water has pooled up and caused damage to the interior. These types of roofs can easily leak, and then the insulation below can trap water, which can then grow mold and be a major health concern.
The best way to determine how much your roof repair is going to cost is to contact us at Patriot Roofing & Construction. They will come to your home and evaluate the problem, then give you an estimate of what needs to be repaired and how much it will cost.
Remember, getting the problems fixed early is going to be much cheaper than waiting to fix them when moderate to major damage has been done.